Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Living Room Termites are HUNGRY!


The floor in front of the push-out window is barely holding on: there’s lots of termite damage. You can see through boards. We are going to have to take these boards out and patch it with some plywood. There may be joist damage under them, too. The dry wall under the window is falling apart from water damage. It’s rained quite a bit since we bought the place. So far we haven’t noticed rain getting in… but did I mention Chad is still itching to remove the push-out window. Also, the other day, we felt like the ceiling of the window felt a little squishy. We're not sure if this is a new development, or a rain-induced development. If this wasn't a $4 to $5 K fix, I'd be excited about the squishiness... as it is... I'm hoping it's just the result of past leakage.

No comments: